Brave-O-Matic

"Mmmmm...that's good Brave!"

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

All-Star Game Music Review

Much ink has been spilled about MLB's ongoing effort to appeal to a younger demographic -- what better partner in the endeavor than upstart FOX? And what are the kids listening to these days? Why, the rock and roll, of course! Here are a few of the songs that Bud and Rupert found in their kids' album collections (culled from the 4th through 7th innings, or all the All-Star fun I can take):

"Night Moves" by Bob Seger
"Levon" by Elton John
"Be Good Johnny" by Men At Work (guess which one of them dug up THAT old nugget)

Bud and Rupert must have grown restless at this point with all the pelvis-shaking debbil music, so McCarver soothed them with a couple of lines from "They Can't Take That Away From Me" by George and Ira Gershwin, as Phil Rizzuto stepped in to face Warren Spahn...

I did hear one current song -- unfortunately, it was the turgid "American Baby" by the Dave Matthews Band. Ugh. I know the point of being a rock star is to get laid, but does he have to be so obvious and creepy about it?

Anyway, the game. I'm sorry, I just have never been able to get excited about an exhibition. What, you're telling me it means something now? You're kidding me, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed completely...who are they appealing to?? The FOX producers and suits? Nothing current, until after the 7th (Why did they save the current stuff?)

I heard Bloc Party and the Von Bondies after the 7th...

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home