Brave-O-Matic

"Mmmmm...that's good Brave!"

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Marlins 6 Braves 5

I have a confession to make -- I'm completely unable to watch close games in late/extra innings, particularly when the other team is at bat. It's just too stressful. Best I can do is check in periodically, which is what I did tonight. Also competing for my attention was the World Poker Tour season finale, featuring winner Tuan Le as well as Shana Hiatt's boobs. So there's that to consider.

Saw Andruw go yard, saw Reitsma blow up, kept seeing the Marlins get runners on base, only to check in ten minutes later to find we wriggled out of it again. They couldn't do it all night, though, so chalk up a tough loss for the good guys.

Furcal went down in a heap after trying to make a play, and it looked quite scary. We ruminate often about doing without him, but when the possibility arose I resolutely hoped he was okay. We'll know more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whay do ya'll think about offering LaRoche, Betemit, and Luis Hernandez to Tampa Bay for Aubrey Huff and Danys Baez

We gotta move on the 'pen...now

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sam Bass said...

I don't know -- Baez is okay, but he has control problems. Do we really want another guy like that? I don't think he's any better than Reitsma.

And Huff is having a terrible year. I know the law of averages dictates he'll probably improve, but how much better will he be than the lefthanded hitters we already have in the outfield and 1st base?

Huff .252/.319/.361
LaRoche .258/.318/.438
Johnson .253/.370/.440
Langerhans .253/.339/.429

To me, the only bat we need, especially once Chipper comes back, is a right-handed outfielder to replace Jordan on the roster. I agree that we could use another bullpen arm, but I wouldn't go too far to get one -- maybe offer up Chuck James for somebody like Baez.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home