Brave-O-Matic

"Mmmmm...that's good Brave!"

Monday, May 16, 2005

Braves 5 Dodgers 2

This was a game straight out of 2003. Three HRs (Jones, Jones, LaRoche) accounted for 4 of the 5 runs, and Hudson did his best Russ Ortiz impression -- baserunners everywhere, 109 grueling pitches through six innings, but he kept wriggling out of trouble. Don Sutton had it right, I think -- a true ace can find a way to win without his best stuff. Of course, this scenario accounted for about 75% of Ortiz's starts....

It must be said that I didn't see the end of the game, as I can't bear to watch Dan Kolb at this point. He's the Bizarro Pavlov -- he answers the bell, my mouth goes completely dry. Perhaps future game entries on this blog will consist of 8 innings of game recap followed by a review of whatever program I switch to in the 9th. Professional bowling..."Iron Chef"..."She's The Sheriff"...it's all good. Anyway, looks like he did the job yesterday, but he's still on double secret probation with me.

Strange game scenario: Top of the 7th, two outs, Mondesi at the plate. Hudson is due up next, and Julio comes to the on-deck circle. Mondesi drew a walk (causing donkeys to fly), and Cox then pulls back Julio and sends up Betemit instead. I know Betemit is a switch-hitter, but a lefty was on the mound, so he was batting righty anyway. Can anyone help me out with this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Bass said...

Time zone should be fixed now.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home